Pages

Tuesday 3 September 2013

Anime Review: Watashi ga Moten­ai no wa Dou Kan­gaetemo Omaera g­a Warui!

Okay, well today I discovered this anime and have been watching it since, and so far I've watched six episodes so you guys can work that out. It's called Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Which means, No Matter How I Look at it, I'm Not Popular Because of all of You! Which is condesend into Watamote.


The main character is the girl in the picture above ^ Tomoko Kuroki. A crazy, overreacting, game, anime and manga loving High School-er except Tomoko is incredibly shy, not that she realises that. Although the opening of the anime is her in middle school reading an online news article about 'unpopular girls' and exclaims that she will definitely be popular and have a boyfriend once she starts high school. However, two months in and she hasn't even talked to anyone! The anime (and manga - which I need to get around to buying and reading) then focuses on her millions of insane schemes to try and become popular. It's hilarious, and sometimes there are moments that just make you go 'oh no!' I really enjoy it and as soon as I post this I'm going back to watching it! :3
There's only one thing that bugs me, Tomoko's old friend from middle school, she reminds me of Shiemi Moriyama from Blue Exorcist, what do you guys think?
Pretty similar, except for the eye colour, I'm not saying there was a plagirism issue or anything, just that I can't remember her name and always think "Shiemi-chan!" when she comes on, and I really just wanted to share my opinion.
Anyway, try and have a look at Watamote! Bye-bye for now~

No comments:

Post a Comment