Pages

Monday 23 September 2013

Game Review: The Last Remnant


Well hello again guys, it seems like I'm merely talking about games and books now, but anyways let's carry on until I can think of new material. Sorry about that guys, but anyway today, as you can see by the picture at the top I'm talking about the Last Remnant. It's a game made by Square Enix and I bought it on Steam for a downright steal of ten dollars!*
It is excellent, as to be expected from the company that creates Final Fantasy, Drawn to Life or Dragon Quest. The graphics are fantastic and the game-play is phenomenal. I have to say, however that the battle system took a bit of time for me to get the hang of.
The main guy is the one featured in the picture above, called Rush and his mission in life is to find his sister who was kidnapped by these mysterious guys and a giant monster which later turns out to be a thing called a Remnant - but I won't spoil it for you. Anyway, it seems his search starts (or at least the opening scene) is of this idiot, Rush, well rushing into a battlefield towards someone who looks like his sister in the barest sense of the word, considering she's at least old enough to be this guy's mother. But, that stupid action sets  his journey off.
There are lots of things I like about this game, the confusing but clever battle system, the innovative characters, the beautiful graphics, the humour and the characters. It's definitely a wonder that it's so amazingly cheap too.*
If you're a fan of Square Enix's RPG I suggest at least checking out this game in more  detail, because it's spectacular.

*I can't guarantee that the price will be the same for you, that's just what it was when I bought it, but good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment